Tuesday, June 10, 2008

We Can Now Add Rocket to Our List!!!

The list for getting stitches! Yup. Last night was his turn. He, Pokemon King, and Dinodude were in the basement playing in their forts. I can't count how many times I've told them not to climb on the roof of the playhouse. Of course, those boys never listen! Rocket was on the roof, tripped and fell onto a shelf. He comes up the stairs with blood running down his face. I'm panicking so much! I clean him off to find the wound and see a nice slice in his head. So, I call Bond, who's on his way to the movies with brother-in-law and Wally. He comes back home and we head off to the hospital. Wait time wasn't too bad. Instead of getting a numbing shot, they use some kind of numbing gel that takes about 20 minutes to work. So, Rocket's lying on the table having the stitches put in and is just talking up a storm to us. We told him we'd take him to McDonald's for some fries, so he was talking about that. He told us how he got hurt. He was such a brave kid and did an awesome job! Of course, now he tells people he fell off the roof. What people must think when he says that!

1 comments:

Ines said...

Ouch! But it sounds like he was very brave. I have to admit that McDonald's fries would do the trick for me, too.