Saturday, October 25, 2008

It's About Time!

We are finally up and running. We got back on the internet today. In just 3-4 weeks, I had probably 400 emails! I'm still not even finished going through them!

Our new house is pretty much in order with the exception of quite a few things in the garage that we are planning to sell. We are hoping to have a garage sale in the near future. I have to give kudos to Bond, because he's the one that did most of the unpacking. What was I doing, you might ask? I was holding Babymoon, of course. The child would not let me put him down. I did have him in his little baby carrier thing, but he didn't like that too much. But, they're only young once, so what they hay, right?

The neighborhood is great. There are so many kids for the boys to play with. A few even homeschool, too! Rocket is always asking to play with "my kids" as he calls them. Our backyard hooks up to all the other backyards and everyone has some kind of playyard or trampoline. So, the neighborhood kids are always bouncing from yard to yard. We are so blessed to be in this neighborhood. Even I've made a friend!

The one drawback is that my mother-in-law can barely stay an hour in our house. The reason? The previous owners had a cat and she seems to be highly allergic! She stars having trouble breathing about 45 minutes of being in the house. I'm so bummed! I'm sure some of you out there would be happy if it was your mother-in-law, but I adore mine! So, if you have any ideas, please let me know!

Since moving, I haven't even been able to put our decorations up. I'm really bummed about that, because I LOVE Halloween! Is it worth it to put them up now? Only 1 week left. Hmmmmm.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad to see you back up and running! I've missed you... I'm glad the neighborhood is so nice. I miss the neighborhood community. We are kind of out here on our own, but we have enough kids for our own neighborhood :) Lukah would never let me put him down either. It makes it hard to do anything, but you are right, they are only small enough to hold them for a short while.

Jenny said...

I'm glad you are finally settled...what ever happened to my invitaion to hold the baby while you unpacked? I guess I should have just showed up on your doorstep and you would have had to let me in out of the cold...maybe! As for the cat fiasco, I don't know. Have you cleaned the carpets? That might help. I love cleaning carpets! If you need help, I would love to! I'm glad you like the neighborhood too. As for the Halloween decorations, I say...what the heck, put those babies up and celebrate!

Maria said...

I second Jenny's suggestion about having the carpets cleaned, but that might not be enough. Have the air ducts cleaned too. We found a company that does both & we really like them. I can give you their name & number if you'd like. They're fairly reasonable pricewise, too. When they did ours, they found a 4x5 inch piece of drywall in one of the bathroom ducts.