Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Breakthrough!!!

Rocket slept in his big bed all night!!! Woohoo!!! He started out in his crib. When I was almost finished singing "I Am a Child of God" he said he wanted to sleep in his big bed. So, I put him in there, tucked him in and finished the song. As I left the room, he decided he wanted his door open. So, I left it open. I waited by his door thinking he'd want to go back to his crib, but he didn't say anything. I went back to my room and heard him whispering in the monitor. I turned it all the way up so I could hear what he was saying. He was telling Pokemon King to turn on his light. It went like this: "Pokemon King, turn on your light," very softly. "Pokemon King, I need you turn your light on," a little louder. Finally, a very loud whisper, "POKEMON KING, I SAID, TURN YOUR LIGHT ON!" By that time Pokemon King had come down to my room. I told him to just turn the bathroom light on. So, a few minutes later I hear Rocket whisper, "Thank you Dinodude." Now, I'm not sure who actually turned on the light, but I didn't hear much after that!

So, this morning I wake up about 6:45 to a loud whisper, "Mom!"...."Mom!"...."Mom!" So, I go to check on Rocket and he says he wants to sleep in his crib. "Of course!" I say. Who wants to get up that early, anyway! Well, he stayed there all of 30 seconds. So, we ended up getting up. But, I'm so proud of my Rocket, sleeping all night in the big bed! Of course, who knows how long it will last!

1 comments:

Ines said...

Congratulations on the big breakthrough. Hope this will continue. It's a whole new life when your kids are safely tucked in bed and down for the night. At my house we had a few great years where all the kids went to bed at 8 every night and Chris & I could have time to our selves. These times are over now that we have 2 teenagers in the house. Esp. on the weekends when they think we will just pick them up at all hours of the night from their friends' house or the movie theater. Don't they realize that we need our beauty sleep????