Sunday, September 28, 2008

Last Post....For a While

Well, this is the week we'll be moving to our new house. I won't be on the computer as much, so I won't be able to update the blog. But, here's an update from church today.

Bond stayed home sick, so I trudged along with all 5 boys. I think it was my first outing with all of them by myself. I got off to a rough start. I was already running around trying to get everyone ready. I was pumping (since I can't breastfeed-is that too much info?) and the doorbell rang. It was to collect for fast offerings. So, I set down what I had pumped so far and accidentally knocked it over and lost some milk. Bummer! I go do the fast offering, then continue to pump. Then, while I'm getting bottles ready for Babymoon to take to church, I spill one of the bottles. Bummer, again! I still had to get Rocket dressed and work on his talk. I wanted to leave at 12, but ended up leaving about 20 minutes later. So, we finally get there and things are working out better. Although during church Rocket just has to keep touching and poking Babymoon while Dinodude is constantly asking me how to spell words and then he's getting upset with Pokemon King for taking his Mario figures! But, on the cute side, while taking Rocket to the bathroom, he holds the door open for me and so sweetly says, "Ladies first!" I thanked him immediately for being so courteous!

He had his first talk in primary today. The theme for the month is "I can pray to Heavenly Father, and He will hear and answer my prayers." So, I asked Rocket a few questions and wrote down his answers. When he delivered his talk I explained that although I was whispering the answers in his ear for him to say, they were really his own words. He did a great job, so I must share! Here it is: (his answers are in red)

What can you tell me about prayer?
  • pray to Heavenly Father
  • Fold your arms
  • pray by yourself
  • sing songs (for family prayer)

Why should you pray?
  • make people feel better
  • to get a new clubhouse
  • bless mom & dad & Wally & Pokemon King & Dinodude & Babymoon & Oma & Opa
  • for Heavenly Father to play with me, but he can’t because he’s at his home

When should you pray?
  • 15 hours
  • before you eat
  • before you go to COSI
  • before you go to sleep

Does Heavenly Father answer prayers?
  • yes, but not always the way I want

So, he did an awesome job! I am so proud of him. I just feel bad that Bond wasn't able to see it.

Well, this week I'll be busy with packing and moving, so check back in a week or so for updates! Although, who knows I might need a break and have to post anyway!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

PLEASE let me know if you need help with anything...I would be happy to help out! Even if you need someone to come and carry boxes or help unpack! If you are like me, you won't call...but, do it anyways! I have to say that I was very impressed with your church attendance today without the hubbie. Seriously--if it were me--I would have just stayed home!

Valarie said...

I am also impressed you even went to church alone. Like Jenny, I wouldn't even have gone!
Good luck with the move. It's always stressful, but exciting.

Anonymous said...

Way to go getting to church even if it was by yourself.

My 5yo had to talk in Primary yesterday too which we remembered Sat. night around midnight just as dh was going to work until 6 a.m. When he came home he offered to help the child and I readily agreed. So they sat and talked about what he could say, but never actually wrote a talk down. Now I know my 41yo husband can just get up and speak any given time, but my 5yo cannot! So I ended up writing a talk out for him anyway just in case I didn't remember to get to Primary on time to help him give it. It was a little crazy. Rocket's talk sounds great though! (much better than what I came up with.)

Good luck with the move! I feel for you--moving is at the bottom of my fun list. Well, at least packing is anyway and we'll probably go through it ourselves next year.

Ines said...

Good luck with the move and everything. Your explanation about getting ready for meetings got me all stressed out. I don't know how you do it all. You're amazing!