Friday, November 14, 2008

Hooray for German Traditions!!!

We had our annual visit from Pelznmartel (Wally gave me spelling, not sure if it's correct, mother-in-law not available-Ines, help?) Anyway, every November 11th he comes to deliver yummy chocolate, usually German, to our family. He puts treat bags on the porch, rings the doorbell and is gone in a flash! Here are some pictures:

This is of Wally. Bond took this one. He was supposed to get a picture of him with his candy! Wally wasn't home when we checked our porch, so this was later on in the evening after the other boys went to bed.


Dinodude wasn't happy because I told him he couldn't eat the entire chocolate Santa. Sorry, Dinodude, but he was just a bit too big to eat at 8:00 at night!


Pokemon King showing off his stash.


Rocket getting ready to chow down on his treats!


Pokemon King, Dinodude (before the letdown!) and Rocket ready to dig in!




4 comments:

Ines said...

Pelzmaertel is the real name. Of course the ae should actually be an Umlaut a, but I haven't found out how to do that on blogger. With our Frankish dialect however, it always sounds different. Who cares. He's a great sub for St. Nick, and I have many fond memories of his visits when I was a child. So glad to hear he stopped by your house.

Valarie said...

How fun. I remember learning about him a little when I took German in high school. Chocolate is always great.

Ulli said...

I'm German and he didn't come to my house!! Oh, I forgot, he only comes to good boys and girls. haha

Anonymous said...

I have German ancestry, but none of these cool traditions have been handed down! I feel like I'm missing out. Looks like you all had a great time though!