Friday, May 21, 2010

Sleeping Issues

If you don't know, I am not a very good sleeper. I haven't been for a long time. Believe me, I would LOVE to sleep, but it just doesn't happen easily. What makes it worse is seeing Bond lie down in bed and in the blink of an eye....he's completely out! So after thinking long and hard on the subject of sleeping, I have diagnosed my sleeping disorder. I suffer from.....

R.B.S.

Restless Brain Syndrome!

Here are some common questions used to diagnose Restless Brain Syndrome...

  • Do you lie in bed constantly thinking that one of your children is going to wake up.
  • Do you have a teenager who has not returned home from an evening activity and has usage of a vehicle?
  • Do you hear every single noise inside and outside the house and try to figure out what made the sound?
  • Do you lie there wondering what to fix for breakfast, lunch and dinner?
  • Do you wait for a child to come into your room to complain he can't sleep or that he is not feeling well?
  • Do you lie there thinking the garage door is open and/or the house is locked and wondering if you should go check?
  • Do you lie there worried that the alarm is not going to go off in the morning when it's supposed to?
  • Is there a special event coming up that you just can't get out of your head? Especially if you are the one planning it!
  • Do you lie there thinking there is something you forgot to do, but you just can't figure out what it is?

If you answered yes to the majority of these questions, then you, too, could possibly be suffering from....Restless Brain Syndrome.

Sadly, there is no immediate cure for Restless Brain Syndrome. At least I haven't been lucky enough to find a solution. So, if you or someone you know suffers from Restless Brain Syndrome and have had luck in finding a solution, please let me know.


5 comments:

Bekky said...

I think you need a vacation! That might fix your problem...at least temporarily.

Rachel Keppner said...

Oh, man-- I'm convinced this is a feminine epidemic! My husband and I refer to this disorder as "marbles in a jar". If I get my "jar" spinning, more marbles get added, one on top of the other, and then I'm a goner.

He'll look at me and say, "You've got multiple marbles going, don't you?"

And sometimes, I lose them all, and all heck breaks lose-- or I take a nap until the feeling passes...

;-)

GREAT POST! :-D

Margot said...

I have it! Should we start a support group? I'll meet you out on the patio at say - 2am?

Bondfam said...

Mama Rachel-Love the marbles! Totally true, too!

Margot-Sounds like a plan! LOL!

Ulli said...

try listening to soothing music. Maybe it helps. I'm certainly wishing you a more peaceful sleep!!