Friday, October 12, 2007

Getting Older

I laughed at my mom when she told me turning 30 was harder than turning 40. What did I know? Apparently nothing! In all actuality turning 30 was fine. But, when I turned 31....whoah!!! Suddenly I felt tired, depressed, and nervous. Sleeping got harder, which is worse since I haven't slept well in ages! My eyes have a hard time staying open past 9pm! All of a sudden, my knees don't want to bend anymore. I look at my children and my jaw drops. How could they be this old already?! Where has the time gone? Why does it have to go quickly?

Is this feeling going to go away? Possibly.

Will it go away soon? Doubtful

Will I ever have a good night's sleep? Definitely not!


So, onto the bright side. I have an amazing husband who works hard every day to provide for us. He takes time out to be with us. Even better...he enjoys being with us. I have four awesome boys. They make me smile everyday. I'm able to homeschool them, so I get more time with them. I have a house over my head, food to eat, clothes to wear, family and friends. The world is at my fingertips. Literally! You can find anything on the computer! I have a pie in the oven. Cherry pie. Mmmmm. Can't wait to munch on that! I can walk. I can see. I can hear. I can talk. I've got blessings coming out of my ears! So, when I'm feeling down or depressed, I do what that wonderful church hymn says to do. "Count your blessings; Name them one by one. Count your blessings; See what God hath done."

If you're having a rough day, go ahead! Count your blessings!

0 comments: