Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Family Home Evening

We held our Family Home Evening last night. It was my turn for the lesson. We played "Church-ardy!" Ok, silly name, but you get the picture. We had 2 teams: Bond/Pokemon King against Wally/Dinodude. For a while we thought Wally and Dinodude were going to win, but Bond and Pokemon King pulled through. Here's a picture of my board:


The categories (in case you can't see them) were: Old Testament, New Testament, Book of Mormon, Church History, and Latter-day Prophets) The boys really enjoyed it. Here's a few examples of the questions I asked.
  • This prophet was told to build a boat event though his brothers laughed at him. (Nephi)
  • He appeared to Joseph Smith in his room three times in one night. (Moroni)
  • This device was made from fine brass and had two spindles inside. (Liahona)
  • This man was raised from the dead. (Lazarus was what I originally intended, but Dinodude pointed out that it could've been Jesus! What a smartie!)
  • I also had 2 picture clues and 2 daily doubles.
I think I'm going to use this for history next year. Every 8-10 chapters, I'll come up with some questions over what we studied. It's a great way to reinforce what they learned. Pokemon King even said we should do this once a week to make sure we're studying our scriptures! What a great idea! And, I love game shows!!! What will I come up with next?!

3 comments:

Maria said...

Great idea! Maybe I'll try something like that w/ The Prophet next school year. He likes Millionaire, so maybe based on it! Hmmmm!

Ines said...

Cool idea! Games are so much fun. The kids seem to learn much better that way. You are such a great mom!

z said...

I love this idea!! Great blog!