Monday, January 19, 2009

Dinodude's a Sleepwalker!

Sometimes we'll hear Dinodude or Rocket talking in their sleep. It's always funny to hear the conversations that go on in their minds! Lately, Rocket's been calling out Wally's name telling him to stop it. Not sure what 'it' is, but whatever 'it' is, it bothers Rocket!

Well, last night, I hear Dinodude run down the hall to the bathroom. He was sick the day before, so I assumed he was just going in there to throw up. Then he comes running in our room. (His running was very, very loud!) He goes over to Bond's side of the bed and says, "Mom!" So, I look over and say, "what's the matter?" He runs over to my side, and starts to complain, "why can't I play football?" I said, "What? It's the middle of the night. You can't play football now. Wait until tomorrow." Without a word, he goes running back out of the room and down the hall again. Then, I hear him run back in our room to Bond's side again, then to mine without saying anything. After that he goes running back into his room.

Around 4am or so, Rocket wakes up to come in our bed. I noticed that Dinodude wasn't in his bed. I was a little panicky, but then I thought maybe he just went with Bond to deliver the newspapers. When Bond came home I asked him if Dinodude had gone with him, because I didn't see him in his bed. He said Dinodude was asleep on the chair in the bonus room! Crazy kid! When I walked into the bonus room later, Dinodude shockingly said, "Mom! I went to sleep in my bed, but I woke up here!" He barely remembered anything from the night.

I'm sure it all stemmed from watching the Steelers/Ravens game. But, I guess we'll have to keep an eye out for our sleepwalker!

4 comments:

Maria said...

We have a sleepwalker/talker too. Just last night, The Princess was sitting up in bed yelling at The Archangel to "Stop it!" (Must be a common sleeptalker phrase for the 4 yr. old set!) Then she started pacing around her room like she was fretting over something.

Amy said...

The other night Lauren was sleepwalking, she ended up in our closet but was looking for the bathroom. So I had to help her out a little. It's funny how they seem to be awake, but are totally out of it. What you should do is train him to clean in his sleep...that would be cool!

Valarie said...

That is so funny. I have a sleepwalker, too. He wanders around aimelssly (which makes me nervous since we have a pool!) He'll do things like pretend to eat pizza. Once, he walked up to the arm of the couch and made the motion like he was opening up a door. Then he climbed on the arm and acted like he was driving a car. It was hilarious.

Ulli said...

just make sure all the doors are locked - or he'll try to play football outside in the middle of the night.