Sunday, January 25, 2009

Conversation With Rocket

I just put Rocket to bed a while ago. A few minutes ago I heard him calling me, so I went to see what he wanted.

Rocket (smiling): Guess who's my friend!

Me: Who?

Rocket: Periwinkle! (from Blue's Clues)

Me: Really? That's nice, but it's time to go to sleep.

Rocket: Periwinkle's at his house.

Me: I know. He's probably sleeping.

Rocket (sadly): I miss him. He's on the TV.

Me: I know. You can watch him tomorrow.

Rocket (even more sadly): When's he going to get out of the TV?

Me: I'm sorry, honey, but that's where Periwinkle lives. We just get to watch him on TV.

Poor Rocket seemed even more sad. Now I think I'm sad!

1 comments:

Maria said...

Awww! How sweet! The TV can be a tough concept for a child. I can remember wondering if the actors could see what I was doing while I watched them on the screen.