Monday, November 5, 2007

Weekend Update

I haven't worked on a weekly report yet, so I'll try to do that today. If not, I'll combine it with this week!

14 year old had his play this weekend. We attended on Friday. 2 year old stayed home with Grandma, but 9 & 6 year olds came with us. It was an awesome performance! He only had one line, but he was on stage for quite a while. He did a great job! He looked so at home on stage. I'm going to check into the local theatre places and see about signing him up. He's looking forward to that. Maybe by his senior year, he'll have a lead! Here's some pics of him in his outfit. Isn't he handsome?





2 year old went pee in the potty for the first time this weekend. I was preparing to give the kids baths/showers and asked if he wanted to try. I usually ask and he tries, but nothing happens. He usually pees as soon as he gets in the tub. Well, nothing happened. He didn't pee in the tub either, so when he was done I dried him off and asked if he wanted to try again. He said he did and low and behold, he went! Woohoo!!! I'm so proud of him. On Sunday, he went in the morning around 9:30am. We went to church, got back home at 2:45. There was nothing in his diaper! He held it the entire time! So, he went again. I hope he sticks with it!

Now, onto something totally creepy! Time changed on Saturday, so I kept 2 year old up later in the evening. His normal bedtime is 9:00. I let him stay up until 10:45, which after the time change would actually be 9:45. I figured he'd sleep in at least a little. He wakes up at 3:30! So, I decide to let him cry a few minutes to see if he'd go back to sleep. So, I'm sitting outside his door, very sad because I don't like to hear him crying. While he's crying, I hear what sounds like another child asking him what's wrong. Then I hear 2 year old say "I twyin" (I'm crying). I don't know what that was, but it really freaked me out! So, I went ahead and got him and he fell back asleep in my arms. I guess I just need some more sleep!

0 comments: