Monday, November 26, 2007

What a Weekend

Had a wonderful Thanksgiving at my parents' house. The turkey was awesome! We had mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, cranberry sauce, stuffing, pecan pie, cherry pie, and pumpkin pie. Yum, Yum, Yum! Of course I didn't eat the cranberry sauce, stuffing or the pumpkin pie, but everything else was yummy!

The only downfall to Thanksgiving was that Bond fractured his eye socket in the Turkey Bowl! His brother accidentally elbowed him in the eye, so Bond and I spent a few hours in the ER. It really wasn't that busy, but we did have to wait for the doctor to come in. Fortunately, we made it back just in time to eat. We dropped the boys off at my parents' first, just in case we didn't make it back for dinner. That way, they wouldn't have to be home alone for too long, or risk missing out on some turkey. I don't think Bond will need surgery, though. It'll probably just heal on its own. His eye doesn't seem to be affected. Everyone asks me if I did that to him. I proudly respond with a yes, but then I give in and tell them the truth!

Last night we had a bonfire at my aunt and uncle's house. Unfortunately, we got rained out. So, we moved the party inside. We played Guesstures. I never played that before. It was really fun. I might have to get that game. Albus, Pokemon Master, and Dinodude even enjoyed it. Bond was a little drowsy from his pain medicine, so he didn't play. He just relaxed, which is good for him.

Today is going to be an interesting day. Rocket went to bed around 9:45 last night, but woke up at 5:30! So, he's a bit crabby. Right now he's yelling in my ear because he wants to stand on the autoharp, but I won't let him. One more hour and he'll go down for a nap. Think he'll make it? Let's hope. Plus, we got a late start with school, so we'll be working late today!

0 comments: